Some common pests to look out for in the Spring!
Not all pests are prevalent all year round, with many being seen on a seasonal basis.
Here, we want to tell you what to look out for each quarter, to help you ensure that you don’t have infestations or unwelcome, larger visitors!
Common Black Ant, Garden Ant
- Ants can be found in domestic and industrial premises as they search for sugary substances.
- They are communal insects that inhabit large nests.
- Typically can be found in soil or paving stones, but can often nest inside.
Dog Fleas and Cat Fleas
Ctenocephalides Canis and Ctenocephalides felis felis
- As the weather warms up and pets spend more time outdoors, now is the time to check for fleas.
- The distress caused by a flea bite can be significant in both animals and humans.
- Pets must be treated by a Vet. Call a pest control professional for home infestations.
- Large Wasps you may spot in Spring are queens emerging from hibernation
- The queens search for suitable nest locations to start a new colony
- Nests are made from chewed wood pulp and saliva and are located in sheltered spots.
07969 329 396
Download our new brochure below (PDF)
Why Choose Us?
We offer a full insect monitoring service
Full RSPH level 2 certification
Licenced to control at a rural level