Some Common Seasonal Pests To Look Out For
Not all pests are prevalent all year round, with many being seen on a seasonal basis. Here are some common pests to look out for this year.
Here, we want to tell you what to look out for each quarter, to help you ensure that you don’t have infestations or unwelcome, larger visitors!
- Spring and Autumn is the time to watch out for moles
- The warmer seasonal rain and damper ground provides attractive conditions for them.
- Look out for ridges in the ground, or volcano-like piles of earth on your lawn or garden.
Common Black Ant, Garden Ant
- Ants can be found in domestic and industrial premises as they search for sugary substances.
- They are communal insects that inhabit large nests.
- Typically can be found in soil or paving stones, but can often nest inside.
Dog Fleas and Cat Fleas
Ctenocephalides Canis and Ctenocephalides felis felis
- As the weather warms up and pets spend more time outdoors, now is the time to check for fleas.
- The distress caused by a flea bite can be significant in both animals and humans.
- Pets must be treated by a Vet. Call a pest control professional for home infestations.
- Large Wasps you may spot in Spring are queens emerging from hibernation
- The queens search for suitable nest locations to start a new colony
- Nests are made from chewed wood pulp and saliva and are located in sheltered spots.
Common Pests To Look Out For
Among the usual common pests to look out for in the summer are wasps.
In 2018, Wasps were far more prolific than they are at the same time this year. However, the fact there are not dozens buzzing around your house or picnic table doesn’t mean that they have gone away.
The nests will still be there, which means that the potential problem is still there and will be until around the end of October.
Here are a few photos we’ve taken in during the last few weeks:
Wasps building a nest in an attic. A hive of activity going on here . Up close and personal.
Pests to look out for
These are some of the common pests to look out for.
If you think you have a pest problem, then click here to go to the main treatment page.
07969 329 396
Monday – Friday: 8am - 6pm
Saturday: 8am - 3pm
Sunday: Closed all day
Download our new brochure below (PDF)
Why Choose Us?
We offer a full insect monitoring service
Full RSPH level 2 certification
Licenced to control at a rural level